Fruit in season 1kg e.g. apples, rhubarb, gooseberries
50g sugar - add a little extra if fruit is sour, i.e. rhubarb or gooseberries
150g plain flour
1) Wash and prepare fruit
2) Cover selected dish with fruit
3) Add water to cover the bottom of the dish
4) Sprinkle with sugar if fruit is sour
5) Mix flour and sugar in a bowl
6) Cut butter into small pieces and add to the sugar and flour
7) Rub butter into flour with tips of fingers
8) When like breadcrumbs, crumble over the fruit mixture
9) Cook in the oven for 30 mins at 180°
10) Remove from the oven and eat and enjoy with cream, custard or ice cream!
145 Houghton Road
Cumbria. CA3 0LD
We are a Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO) registered with the Charity Commission in England and Wales No.