Fruit in season 1kg e.g. apples, rhubarb, gooseberries
50g sugar - add a little extra if fruit is sour, i.e. rhubarb or gooseberries
150g plain flour
1) Wash and prepare fruit
2) Cover selected dish with fruit
3) Add water to cover the bottom of the dish
4) Sprinkle with sugar if fruit is sour
5) Mix flour and sugar in a bowl
6) Cut butter into small pieces and add to the sugar and flour
7) Rub butter into flour with tips of fingers
8) When like breadcrumbs, crumble over the fruit mixture
9) Cook in the oven for 30 mins at 180°
10) Remove from the oven and eat and enjoy with cream, custard or ice cream!
145 Houghton Road
Cumbria. CA3 0LD
We are a Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO) registered with the Charity Commission in England and Wales No 1183223
Strictly necessary cookies guarantee functions without which this website would not function as intended. As a result these cookies cannot be deactivated. These cookies are used exclusively by this website and are therefore first party cookies. This means that all information stored in the cookies will be returned to this website.
Functional cookies enable this website to provide you with certain functions and to store information already provided (such as registered name or language selection) in order to offer you improved and more personalized functions.
Performance cookies gather information on how a web page is used. We use them to better understand how our web pages are used in order to improve their appeal, content and functionality.
Marketing / Third Party Cookies originate from external advertising companies (among others) and are used to gather information about the websites visited by you, in order to e.g. create targeted advertising for you.