500g of good beef mince
4 organic carrots - scrub and chop finely
2 onions - peel and chop
salt and pepper
2 heaped teaspoons of plain flour
300ml of water/vegetable stock
1. Peel and cut potatoes into egg sized pieces
2. Put in cold water and add half a teaspoon of salt
3. Bring to the boil
4. Strain the potato and mash with a little milk and butter (add pepper)
5. While the potatoes are boiling, cook mince over low heat. If it is very lean, add a little olive oil
6. Stir with a wooden spoon
7. When mince is broken up and browned a little, add carrots, onions and mint
8. Cook gently for 5-10 minutes
9. Sprinkle with flour and stir in well
10. Add the water/vegetable stock
11. Cook for a further five minutes - check the carrots are soft!
12. Add salt and pepper to taste
13. Place in a dish and cover with the mash potatoes
14. Cook for 30 minutes at 180°
15. Remove carefully from oven. Eat and enjoy!
145 Houghton Road
Cumbria. CA3 0LD
We are a Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO) registered with the Charity Commission in England and Wales No.