Activities to choose from include:
· Scavenger hunt, which will combine having fun with learning about the seasons, tree types and the beauty of nature by searching for a lacy leaf skeleton, colourful berries or even animal tracks or poo (using classification keys to identify the animal!)
· Making a Christmas decoration, gathering natural items and converting them into a wreath or something to hang from the tree.
· Winter art -maybe decorating a journey stick or making a clay creature to live on the trees.
· Sharing a winter story in the great outdoors, wrapped in blankets, and sitting round a campfire.
· Campfire and marshmallows.
· Having a winter picnic, with hot drinks, soup or chilli pitta pockets.
· Become a wildlife detective, tracking down animals and looking for footprints, poo, toothmarks, claw marks, bones, fur and feathers.
· Building a den (working together and applying technology skills to make sure it doesn’t fall!)
If you have any other ideas, please let me know!!
Susan's Farm CIO
145 Houghton Road
Cumbria. CA3 0LD
We are a Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO) registered with the Charity Commission in England and Wales No 1183223