500g of good lamb mince
4 organic carrots - scrub and chop finely
2 onions - peel and chop
salt and pepper
2 heaped teaspoons of plain flour
Tablespoon of chopped mint
300ml of water/vegetable stock
1. Peel and cut potatoes into egg sized pieces
2. Put in cold water and add half a teaspoon of salt
3. Bring to the boil
4. Strain the potato and mash with a little milk and butter (add pepper)
5. While the potatoes are boiling, cook mince over low heat. If it is very lean, add a little olive oil
6. Stir with a wooden spoon
7. When mince is broken up and browned a little, add carrots, onions and mint
8. Cook gently for 5-10 minutes
9. Sprinkle with flour and stir in well
10. Add the water/vegetable stock
11. Cook for a further five minutes - check the carrots are soft!
12. Add salt and pepper to taste
13. Place in a dish and cover with the mash potatoes
14. Cook for 30 minutes at 180°
15. Remove carefully from oven. Eat and enjoy!
145 Houghton Road
Cumbria. CA3 0LD
We are a Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO) registered with the Charity Commission in England and Wales No 1183223
Strictly necessary cookies guarantee functions without which this website would not function as intended. As a result these cookies cannot be deactivated. These cookies are used exclusively by this website and are therefore first party cookies. This means that all information stored in the cookies will be returned to this website.
Functional cookies enable this website to provide you with certain functions and to store information already provided (such as registered name or language selection) in order to offer you improved and more personalized functions.
Performance cookies gather information on how a web page is used. We use them to better understand how our web pages are used in order to improve their appeal, content and functionality.
Marketing / Third Party Cookies originate from external advertising companies (among others) and are used to gather information about the websites visited by you, in order to e.g. create targeted advertising for you.